Match Preview: Wolves 0-2 Brentford Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Wolves – Brentford Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 18, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 5
Kick-off: 12:30 Wolves – Brentford
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Wolves – Brentford Match Preview
- Wolves’ new manager Bruno Lage will be finding the job much easier after his side finally got their first points of this campaign, beating Watford 2-0 last time out, following a trio of 1-0 defeats to start the season. Wolves will feel the hunt is on after getting their first league goals too, after the frustration of having had more shots than their opposition in those opening three losses.
- The focus now shifts to being more robust at Molineux, where they’re also on a three-game Premier League (PL) skid, last losing four consecutive league games at home in October/November 2016. Wolves will be happy then to see Brentford on the fixture list, having won six of their previous eight home games against newly-promoted opposition (D1, L1) since regaining their own top-flight status in 2018/19.
- Brentford’s undefeated start to the season suffered a bitter end, conceding in the 90th minute and going down 1-0 to Brighton last time out. Contrary to their hosts, Brentford have been keeping things tight since returning to the PL, as only Norwich (eight) have had less shots than their nine on target going into the weekend.
- The ‘Bees’ have been buzzing in defence though, only conceding twice across their first four games. A clean sheet here would make them only the second side – of the 49 to compete in the PL – to concede just two goals in their first five games ever played in the competition, after Everton in 1992/93. That will require a somewhat uncharacteristic performance, however, as they’ve only won one away league game at Wolves this century (D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Debutant scorer Hwang Hee-Chan could become the first Wolves player to score in both of their first two PL appearances, while Brentford ace Ivan Toney has seen nine of his last 12 league goals (excluding playoffs) come away from home.
- Hot stat: None of the ten top-flight matches between these two ended in a draw, with five wins apiece.