Match Preview: Empoli 0-3 Sampdoria Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Empoli – Sampdoria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 18, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 4
Kick-off: 11:30 Empoli – Sampdoria
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:3 WON!!!
Empoli – Sampdoria Match Preview
- Empoli failed to build upon their shock Serie A (SA) win over Juventus, falling to a 2-1 loss last time around against Venezia, leaving the Tuscans on three points (W1, L2). Empoli are now in danger of starting their season with three defeats across the first four games, and doing so for only the second time in their top-flight history.
- With two losses to start their SA home campaign, Empoli have begun a top-flight home season with back-to-back defeats for the first time. Bucking that habit here may not be easy, as Empoli haven’t won at home against Sampdoria in SA action since January 2007.
- Sampdoria will go into this clash with their tails up, after an entertaining 2-2 draw against champions Inter Milan, which saw them twice come from behind – their first point gained from a losing position against a reigning champion since December 2014.
- Spirited though they were against Inter, Sampdoria’s efforts were not enough to record a first win of the league season (D2, L1), and a failure to win here will make it the first time since 2013/14 (12th place) that any Sampdoria team has started a top-flight season without a win after the first four matches!
- Sampdoria’s manager Roberto D’Aversa is also personally winless across 14 SA matches (D3, L11). A goalless draw to start their away league campaign can only add to the existing frustration, but expect a response, as Sampdoria haven’t failed to score in consecutive SA away matches since May 2018.
- Players to watch: Nedim Bajrami has had a busy start, assisting two and scoring one of Empoli’s three SA goals. By contrast, Fabio Quagliarella is searching for his first league goal of the season, but scored in both league fixtures when these sides last met in 2018/19.
- Hot stat: Five of the last eight SA H2Hs have stood goalless at HT.