Match Preview: Udinese 0-4 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Udinese – Napoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 20, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 4
Kick-off: 19:45 Udinese – Napoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 LOST
Udinese – Napoli Match Preview
- A fascinating battle between two of the remaining undefeated clubs closes out round four of Serie A (SA), with Udinese looking to win three of their first four games of a new SA season for just the third time in their 110 years of history! This will be another litmus test for a club that looks to be on the up, after suffering an eighth consecutive bottom-half finish last SA season.
- Udinese made a statement in the opening round with a home draw (2-2) against pre-season title favourites Juventus, and will hope it’s a sign of things to come after losing five of their seven SA matches as home outsiders (D2) last season. Having accumulated their best goal difference after three SA games since finishing third in 2011/12, the signs are positive.
- Napoli, however, have won nine of their last ten SA tussles (D1) with Udinese – including four of the five hosted by Udinese – and by an average margin of two goals. The most recent forms part of their 12-game undefeated run in league football (W9, D3). History now awaits Napoli after they overcame a HT deficit against Juventus (2-1) to maintain their perfect record.
- In addition to an opportunity to become the third club in SA history to score in 30 consecutive league outings, Napoli could open back-to-back SA seasons with four victories for the first time ever. It would also be a familiar feeling for manager Luciano Spalletti, who steered Internazionale to four wins from their first four SA matches in 2017/18.
- Players to watch: Gerard Deulofeu could become the first Udinese player since Antonio Di Natale in 2014 to score in four consecutive SA home fixtures. Meanwhile, Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne was the only player to score in both 2020/21 H2Hs.
- Hot stat: The second half has been the highest scoring half in five of the six SA 2021/22 matches involving either club.