Bologna – Genoa Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 21, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 5
Kick-off: 17:30 Bologna – Genoa
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 LOST
Bologna – Genoa Match Preview
- After an unbeaten three-match start (W2, D1) to this Serie A (SA) campaign, Bologna were humbled 6-1 at Inter Milan last weekend. Despite the mauling, Bologna have still recorded their joint-best start at this stage in their last 15 top-flight campaigns and a win here would make it their best five-game start to a SA campaign since 1996/97.
- The ‘Rossoblù’ started their SA home campaign with two straight wins, each time scoring the decider beyond the 75th minute and can win three SA home games in a row for the first time in over two years. However, their recent H2H form threatens to spoil that here as Bologna have lost three of their last five SA home matches against visitors Genoa (W1, D1, L3), as many as in the previous 42 top-flight home H2Hs!
- A 2-1 loss to Fiorentina on the last matchday meant that Genoa have lost three of their first four SA games of a season for only the third-time since 1994/95. This fixture could prove a good place to change course though, as Genoa are unbeaten in six SA H2Hs and can notch a fourth SA H2H win in a row – both top-flight club H2H records.
- Genoa have also kept four straight SA clean sheets against Bologna, and another repeat would boost their faltering backline that has conceded 2+ goals in each of their four SA games this campaign. The signs of a positive result are promising too, as the ‘Grifone’ have won three of their last four SA away games – the same number of wins they had in 18 prior SA away games.
- Players to watch: Marko Arnautović has scored and assisted once each this league campaign, both coming in home wins for Bologna. For the visitors, Hernani scored in the second-half at this venue last season for Parma in a 4-1 loss. His last 15 scoring club matches have seen his side on the day win just three times!
- Hot stat: Eleven of the last 16 SA H2Hs were goalless at half-time.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: