Salernitana – Verona Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 22, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 5
Kick-off: 17:30 Salernitana – Verona
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Salernitana – Verona Match Preview
- Salernitana’s return to Serie A (SA) after a 22-year absence started with an entertaining 3-2 loss, in a fiery match featuring three red cards. However, three further losses ‘to nil’ in a row have kept the ‘Granata’ rooted to bottom, justifying their tag as favourites for a swift return to Italy’s second league.
- Even the signing of decorated multiple winner Franck Ribéry – arguably the most high-profile Salernitana player in the club’s 102-year history – hasn’t lifted the spirits of the Campania-based outfit, with the hosts still yet to score at home this SA campaign.
- If there are any rays of hope, the 1-0 loss to Atalanta last time around saw them keep a clean sheet for nearly 75 minutes. Yet, Hellas Verona’s last result may further reinforce expectations of a late Salernitana meltdown, with ‘I Gialloblu’ scoring three second-half goals in the space of 15 minutes en-route to a 3-2 win over title aspirants Roma on Sunday.
- That game marked Verona’s first points of the league season, and now they travel as favourites to win this first-ever SA H2H. On a cautionary note though, Verona had to wait until their fourth away match of the last league campaign to pick up their first away win, and they have lost on four of their last five SA road trips.
- Players to watch: On-loan striker Federico Bonazzoli scored a brace in Salernitana’s only competitive win this season. Meanwhile, Antonín Barák scored in the win over Roma, making it a fifth win (and no defeats) in his last seven goalscoring games for Verona (W5, D2).
- Hot stat: In nine of Verona’s last ten SA away games, the second-half produced more goals than the first.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE