Match Preview: Sampdoria 0-4 Napoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Sampdoria – Napoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 23, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 5
Kick-off: 17:30 Sampdoria – Napoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:4 LOST
Sampdoria – Napoli Match Preview
- A 2-2 draw with Inter followed up by an emphatic 3-0 win at Empoli shows Sampdoria are starting to hit their stride. Coach Roberto D’Aversa even stated that Sampdoria should have beaten Inter, so expect a home side on the hunt for three points despite Napoli coming to town – Serie A’s (SA) only team with a 100% record (W4) intact.
- Although winless at home this SA campaign (D1, L1), no-one at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris will be too disappointed considering the fixture computer set up three opening home fixtures vs three teams from last season’s top five! However, with a match at Juventus following this one, Sampdoria will look to put points on the board and will hope to tap into the same attacking form that’s witnessed them score during both halves in four of their last five SA home fixtures (W2, D2, L1).
- Napoli have flown out of the blocks and another victory here will be only the third time in their 95-year history that they’ve started a top-flight season by winning their opening five matches! That’s hugely promising for a team that hasn’t tasted SA success since Diego Maradona guided them to the title back in 1986/87 and 1989/90.
- In a stat that would make the talismanic Maradona proud, this is a Napoli side that’s now scored 2+ goals in seven straight away matches, so they’ll look to put Sampdoria to the sword – as they’ve done in the last two H2Hs here, both seeing Napoli lead at half-time on their way to a handicap-beating win.
- Players to watch: New loan signing Francesco Caputo got off the mark with a brace for Sampdoria last time out. Incredibly, Napoli’s ten SA goals have come from nine different players, but Lorenzo Insigne has six H2H goals vs Sampdoria and an exceptional record when playing against them (W16, D2, L1).
- Hot stat: The opener’s been scored within 20 minutes in four of the previous six H2Hs.