Greuther Furth – Bayern Munich Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 24, 2021
Football: GERMANY: 2. Bundesliga – Round 8
Kick-off: 17:30 Heidenheim – Darmstadt
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 LOST
Greuther Furth – Bayern Munich Match Preview
- Greuther Fürth might have scored first in a Bundesliga game for the first time since 2012/13 last time out, but they still ended up losing at Hertha Berlin. Still winless and subsequently bottom of the table (D1, L4), they face a huge uphill battle to stay up and now welcome champions Bayern Munich – a team likely to have a field day against a Fürth defence that already owns the league’s worst goal difference (-10).
- This season marks just the second time in Fürth’s history that they’ve played in the top flight and they’re still searching for their first-ever Bundesliga home win (W0, D5, L14)! With that almost certainly unlikely to change here, it may just be a case of damage limitation against their fellow Bavarians.
- Bayern finally claimed what they will feel is their rightful place at the summit of the table after trouncing Bochum 7-0 last matchday, albeit amid a mix of resignation and boredom from other fans. Their 13 points with a +16 goal difference is actually their best start after five games since 2016/17, prompting fans of other clubs to sarcastically congratulate them on social media for their ‘tenth domestic title in a row’!
- The only points they’ve dropped this season came in the opening round on the road, and if the German giants have any chink in their armour, it is on their travels after failing to win six away Bundesliga games last season (D2, L4). However, Bayern have scored at least three goals in their last four competitive away games, including impressive wins at Borussia Dortmund, RB Leipzig and Barcelona, so any turn up here would surely rank as one of the shocks of the century.
- Players to watch: Both of Branimir Hrgota’s goals for Fürth were penalties in the 15 minutes after half-time, but this game is all about Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski. In this world, nothing is certain except death, taxes and Lewandowski scoring, meaning the Polish hotshot is likely to equal Gerd Müller’s all-time Bundesliga record of scoring in 16 straight games from 1969/1970.
- Hot stat: Bayern are undefeated against newly-promoted teams in 15 league games (W12, D3).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE