Reading – Middlesbrough Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 25, 2021
Reading – Middlesbrough Match Preview
- Saturday’s Championship action kicks off with a clash between two underperforming sides, Reading and Middlesbrough. Both sides harbour play-off ambitions but are struggling to get the ball rolling, although it’s the hosts who come into this clash in greater spirits after notching back-to-back wins for the first time since March.
- A confidence-boosting win over title-chasing Fulham last time out was one of those victories, but Reading must now work on their defence after failing to keep a clean sheet in 12 straight games. That’s their longest such run since an identical run that ended back in March 2018, thanks to a 1-0 home victory.
- It is difficult to make heads or tails of Middlesbrough so far, as boss Neil Warnock was left frustrated following his side’s defeat vs Blackpool last time out. The veteran manager pointed to the fact that his squad can beat anyone on their day, but that they also need clean sheets and quick, something he described as “not rocket science”. The ‘Boro’ have often had the better of this fixture at least, as they’re unbeaten in the last nine H2Hs (W8, D1).
- That positive run against Reading includes Boro’s longest winning run away from home in the 94-year history of this H2H (W4). Encouragingly, Middlesbrough also ended a 304-minute run without scoring a competitive away goal last time out with a strike either side of half-time, and they now seek their first back-to-back away wins since March.
- Players to watch: Tom Dele-Bashiru’s first two senior goals in professional football ultimately earned Reading a win last time out at home. As for Middlesbrough, both new signings Andraž Šporar and Onel Hernández scored and were booked in their last away game.
- Hot stat: Just three of Warnock’s last 11 personal H2Hs with Reading saw both teams score (W4, D3, L4).