Juventus – Sampdoria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 26, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 6
Kick-off: 11:30 Juventus – Sampdoria
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Juventus – Sampdoria Match Preview
- Juventus finally registered their maiden Serie A (SA) victory in midweek by beating Spezia 3-2. However, they trailed 2-1 for some time, and have now conceded 8+ goals across the opening five SA rounds for just the second time in the last 60 seasons – Juventus ended up seventh the only time they conceded more at this stage (2010/11).
- The hosts have failed to win their first three SA home matches in a season just once across the last 30 years, albeit as recently as 2015/16. However, a repeat of that seems unlikely this term – much to the relief of underpressure boss Massimiliano Allegri – as Juventus have beaten Sampdoria in the last six H2Hs here. Five of those victories came via at least two-goal margin.
- Sampdoria travel after facing opposition from last season’s top-five in three of their opening five SA matches this campaign, including a demoralising midweek defeat at the hands of Napoli (0-4). In turn, Roberto D‘Aversa’s men have now lost nine of their last 13 league matches played against such high-calibre opposition (W2, D2, L9), but a win here over ailing Juve would actually see them overtake the Italian giants in the table!
- Winning here isn’t an unachievable dream either as the visitors are actually unbeaten on the road in three SA away matches (W2, D1), keeping a clean sheet in all. History beckons for that reason, as the last time they didn’t concede in four straight away league outings was back in 2004. However, they have conceded at least twice in nine of the last 11 H2Hs held here.
- Players to watch: Juventus’ Federico Chiesa scored his first league goal of the season in midweek, and netted the opener in the last H2H. Equally influential for the opposition, Francesco Caputo scored twice in Sampdoria’s last away fixture, and has three goals in his five career appearances against Juventus.
- Hot stat: Juventus have averaged exactly six corners across their last five home SA matches.