Venezia – Torino Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 27, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 6
Kick-off: 19:45 Venezia – Torino
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
Venezia – Torino Match Preview
- Far from a perfect start to their first top-flight season after nearly 20 years, Venezia have registered only one win in the opening five Serie A (SA) rounds (L4), after suffering a defeat at the San Siro on Wednesday evening. Whilst that still represents their best five-game start to a SA campaign since 1962/63, that will be of little comfort after sinking back into the relegation zone.
- Venezia have, to their credit, been brave in defeat throughout the season, holding title contenders AC Milan and Napoli to 0-0 half-time scores before falling away late. In fact, eight of their ten goals conceded so far have been recorded after the 60th minute, so it’s a key area that will need to be worked on if they are to spend consecutive seasons in the top flight for the first time this century.
- Torino are finding some decent SA form under new manager Ivan Jurić (W2, D1, L2), as he looks to repeat the top-half finish he managed with previous club Verona last season. He’s seen his new side score seven of their eight SA goals in 2021/22 after the 60 minute mark, which leaves Torino primed to take advantage of Venezia’s second-half troubles.
- They can boast five consecutive goal scoring appearances in the first five rounds of the SA season along with five other clubs, and when considering those five other teams all occupied the top-six places at the start of the round, Torino could be working their way into European qualification contention.
- Players to watch: Pietro Ceccaroni was Venezia’s sole goalscorer in their only SA home fixture this season. During the week, Marko Pjaca became the first Torino player to find the back of the net in consecutive SA appearances in 2021/22.
- Hot stat: At the start of the round, home outsiders had lost 14 of 19 SA matches this season (W1, D4).