Ajax – Besiktas Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 28, 2021
Ajax – Besiktas Match Preview
- There is a feel-good factor around Ajax at the moment after their rampant start to the campaign, both domestically and in Europe. The Dutch champions have looked unstoppable, bagging 29 goals across their last six competitive matches (W6), and have already recorded the best ever goal difference after seven rounds in the Eredivisie (+29).
- It’s no surprise then that Ajax begin as heavy favourites here, especially as their stunning domestic form was carried over into the UEFA Champions League (UCL) as they thumped Sporting 5-1 in Portugal on UCL matchday one. A win is not a foregone conclusion though, given that Ajax have lost five of their last seven home games in the UCL proper (W2).
- Beşiktaş were unbeaten this season until their opening UCL group game, where they lost 2-1 vs Dortmund after their defence was breached within 20 minutes. The visitors now travel here with a lengthy list of absentees and face an uphill battle if they want to take anything from Amsterdam.
- Any result will be a bonus for Beşiktaş who will likely have their eye on third place and post-Xmas football via the Europa League path. However, the ‘Black Eagles’ have conceded at least twice in their last four UCL games (L4), and conceded two or more goals in all four previous H2Hs (L4), so it’s little surprise they’re huge underdogs here.
- Players to watch: Matchday one saw Ajax’s Sébastien Haller become the first player to score at least four goals in his first match in the UCL proper since Marco van Basten back in 1992! New boy Kenan Karaman will be expected to step up for Beşiktaş here – three of the towering 6’2 striker’s last five club goals were headers.
- Hot stat: Ajax have kept just one clean sheet across their last 11 games in the UCL proper.