Match Preview: Atalanta 1-0 Young Boys Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Atalanta – Young Boys Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 29, 2021
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 2
Kick-off: 17:45 Atalanta – Young Boys
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 LOST
Atalanta – Young Boys Match Preview
- Fresh off a pulsating 2-2 draw with Italian champions Inter, Atalanta now look to build on the stalemate they recorded by the same scoreline at Villarreal, which came on matchday one of this UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage campaign. As expected, it was a difficult opener against Group F’s top seeds, and the result started a period that saw three of Atalanta’s last four competitive matches witness both teams score before half-time.
- Here lies what should be a much easier assignment against Group F’s bottom seeds, even though Atalanta are yet to win a UCL proper match at their home stadium, where they have only been able to play since last season due to their stadium previously not meeting UEFA regulations (D2, L2). Last December, Atalanta also drew their only prior UCL group stage home fixture against a Pot 4 team (1-1 vs Midtjylland).
- Though considered the weakest team in Group F, Young Boys defied their doubters on matchday one, celebrating their second-ever UCL group stage appearance by beating mighty Manchester United 2-1. It was a remarkable comeback, considering they were 1-0 down after the hour mark, and forms part of their current ten-game unbeaten competitive record (W9, D1).
- Bern’s finest are clear underdogs again, but they had a balanced away record in their last European group stage (W1, D1, L1), netting in exactly the 34th minute in the last two of those matches! Additionally, Young Boys have scored an impressive 4.2 goals per game across their last five competitive away fixtures.
- Players to watch: Ruslan Malinovskyi has recorded two first-half contributions (goal and assist) across his last two starts for Atalanta. In opposition, Felix Mambimbi also registered two goal contributions in Young Boys’ last two matches (goal and assist), but none of those came before the break.
- Hot stat: There have been seven goals scored between the 31st minute and half-time across Atalanta’s last eight home matches.