Antwerp – Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, September 30, 2021
Antwerp – Eintracht Frankfurt Match Preview
- Sitting just one point off the top of the Belgian Pro League after nine matchdays (W5, D2, L2), Antwerp have made a solid start to their domestic season although an opening matchday UEFA Europa League (UEL) loss to Olympiacos (2-1) wasn’t the ideal start to their European adventure. That previous UEL result leaves the hosts with just one win from their previous six European outings (L5), a record manager Brian Priske will be keen to improve upon here.
- There are other concerns for Antwerp as well, as they’ve now kept just two clean sheets in their previous 12 competitive fixtures (W6, D2, L4), conceding two or more goals in half of those matches. The hosts’ poor previous H2H record against German teams (W2, D2, L4) will also have their supporters worried as Eintracht Frankfurt come to town for this first-ever H2H meeting.
- Winless in their opening eight competitive matches of this campaign (D6, L2), new Frankfurt boss Oliver Glasner is experiencing an extremely rough start to his reign in charge of the ‘Eagles’. Toothless in attack, the visitors have astonishingly drawn 1-1 in all five of their previous matches across all competitions, including at home vs Fenerbahçe in their UEL opener.
- More positively for Frankfurt fans, their side have won seven of their previous nine away UEL group stage matches (L2), albeit the visitors hold a fairly poor historic H2H record against Belgian sides in European competition (W1, D2, L3).
- Key battle: Antwerp danger man Michael Frey has netted 11 goals in ten competitive club fixtures this season – his last three strikes arrived between the 68th and 75th minute. Frankfurt goalkeeper Kevin Trapp will be tasked with stopping him here, although the German shot stopper has only kept one clean sheet in eight appearances this campaign.
- Hot stat: Antwerp have won five or more corners in six of their last seven matches.