Manchester Utd – Everton Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 2, 2021
Manchester Utd – Everton Match Preview
- That man Cristiano Ronaldo delivered once again in midweek to hand Manchester United a crucial UEFA Champions League victory in a fixture they struggled to shine in. They return to Premier League (PL) action here against an Everton side on the same number of league points so far (13), but should be feeling confident as they’ve avoided defeat against the Merseysiders at Old Trafford in 11 of the last 12 encounters (W6, D5).
- Although just one point off the early title pace, the concern for the ‘Red Devils’ is that just like in midweek, they’ve rarely been producing their best football at home. They’ve failed to secure a clean sheet in eight straight PL home games – their longest such top-flight run since 1970 – and have suffered their last eight PL losses on home soil, that’s the longest run of home losses without an away defeat in top-flight history!
- Their home form could hand Everton a timely boost as they chase an Old Trafford win after just two from 29 PL attempts here (D7, L20). Doing so would endear visiting manager Rafael Benítez to the Evertonians, although it’s difficult to ignore his own personal record of seven defeats in ten visits to this famous venue (W2).
- Last week saw Everton score 2+ goals for the fifth PL match this season as their attack continues to look sharp – only three sides have scored more times than them so far (12). Notably, 75% of their PL strikes have arrived after half-time, which is also when they scored all three of their efforts in their last trip to Old Trafford back in February (3-3).
- Players to watch: United’s Paul Pogba has had more shots without scoring than any other player in the PL this season (15), whilst Everton’s new signing Andros Townsend has been involved in seven goals in eight competitive games (G4, A3).
- Hot stat: Benítez could become the first-ever manager to win a top-flight away match against Manchester United with three different clubs.