Bologna – Lazio Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 3, 2021
Bologna – Lazio Match Preview
- Bologna’s ambitions of finishing inside Serie A’s (SA) top ten for the first time since 2011/12 have hit a roadblock. After picking up seven points from their first three SA games, the hosts have obtained just a single point from their last three league fixtures (D1, L2). Defensive lapses are proving a major headache as Bologna have already conceded 14+ goals after six SA games for the first time since 2013/14, the same season they were relegated!
- However Bologna do at least have a chance to win consecutive top-flight matches versus Lazio for the first time since 1997 after a 2-0 win in the last H2H. The hosts’ unbeaten home SA record this campaign (W2, D1) will raise further hope that that long-standing record can be toppled here.
- Lazio themselves will arrive here in high spirits on the back of a 2-0 UEFA Europa League win that followed their 3-2 derby win in SA last time out, which leaves them unbeaten in three SA games (W1, D2). With the race for European qualification likely to be tight, the ‘Biancocelesti’ need to keep that momentum going though, especially as the teams from 3rd to 7th are currently separated by just three points. Even if Lazio go behind here there may not be too much concern as they’ve retrieved a league-high seven points after conceding first this season (W2, D1, L1).
- The visitors are yet to score first in SA away games this season though, which could prove a worry for boss Maurizio Sarri. Returning indifferent results because of that (W1, D1, L1), he’ll look to remedy their poor away form as Lazio have now lost five of their last seven SA away outings.
- Players to watch: Marko Arnautović was Bologna’s last scorer in their previous two SA games, while Lazio’s Felipe Anderson – who netted in their last SA outing – is looking to score in consecutive SA matches in a single season for the first time since October 2015.
- Hot stat: Lazio’s last four SA away losses have all come by a 2-0 scoreline with a goal in each half.