Match Preview: Kazakhstan 0-2 Bosnia & Herzegovina Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Kazakhstan – Bosnia & Herzegovina Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 9, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 14:00 Kazakhstan – Bosnia & Herzegovina
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Kazakhstan – Bosnia & Herzegovina Match Preview
- Although football minnows Kazakhstan sit bottom of Group D and are without a World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) victory since September 2013, there’ll be somewhat of a feel-good factor around the camp after avoiding defeat in three of their last four WCQ clashes (D3, L1). That’s as many draws as they managed in the whole of their qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup.
- There may even be an outside chance of the hosts qualifying for their first-ever World Cup despite their current position in the group, with just two points separating bottom from second place ahead of this round. None of Europe’s other WCQ groups hangs so finely in the balance, making Group D the continent’s ‘one to watch’.
- Despite being ranked 63 places higher than their opponents by FIFA, Bosnia & Herzegovina (#57) come into this clash level on points and aware anything other than a positive result could be detrimental to their qualification hopes. They have lost only one of their last five matches (W1, D3), though a failure to get more than a point against Kazakhstan (2-2) at home only last month will have dented their confidence in this return on the road.
- Despite that disappointing draw, the tight nature of Group D, plus the fact the visitors can go five WCQ away matches undefeated for the first time since 2013 here, should give Ivaylo Petev’s men the extra motivation they need as they bid to reach a first World Cup since 2014.
- Players to watch: Kazakhstan’s Bakhtiyar Zaynutdinov and Bosnia’s Luka Menalo both scored in the last H2H, and they each boast two goals across their last two club appearances.
- Hot stat: Kazakhstan have conceded 2+ goals in four of their last five WCQ home matches, whilst Bosnia have scored 2+ goals in four of their last five WCQ away matches.