Cyprus – Malta Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 11, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 17:00 Cyprus – Malta
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 WON!!!
Cyprus – Malta Match Preview
- Separated by goal difference at the bottom of Group H, neither Cyprus nor Malta can reach Qatar 2022, with both sides now playing for pride only. A 3-0 defeat to Croatia in their latest World Cup Qualification (WCQ) match means Cyprus have lost their last six international fixtures ‘to nil’, and their lack of attack up front continues to peg them back, as the Cypriots have now failed to score in seven of their last eight WCQ matches too.
- Cyprus fans don’t often have much to cheer about, but a cause for optimism here is Cyprus’ recent competitive home form against nations ranked outside FIFA’s top 50, as they’ve won their last two such matches. Scoring first could be the key to victory – and providing some joy to long-suffering Cypriot supporters – as none of Cyprus’ previous ten international matches have seen both teams score.
- Following a first WCQ win since June 2013 in the reverse H2H (3-0), Malta have suffered three consecutive losses ‘to nil’ in this competition and their hunt for a first-ever major tournament appearance continues. If they can win here and secure a second WCQ victory this campaign, manager Devis Mangia can at least claim this edition as a success – Malta have never won twice in any WCQ campaign.
- However if the 171st ranked visitors are to avoid an 11th consecutive WCQ winless road trip (D1, L9), they will have to be more careful in defence, as they’ve conceded a penalty in their last three WCQ away matches!
- Players to watch: Cyprus teenager Loizos Loizou is gunning for his second international strike, and has two club goals in European competition this season. Meanwhile, Joseph Mbong has been involved in four of Malta’s six WCQ goals (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: Malta have failed to score in nine of their last ten WCQ away matches, and conceded precisely two goals in six of those.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE