Match Preview: Kazakhstan 0-2 Finland Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Kazakhstan – Finland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 12, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 15:00 Kazakhstan – Finland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Kazakhstan – Finland Match Preview
- Kazakhstan’s wait for their first appearance at a major tournament finals will require further patience after a home defeat to Bosnia and Herzegovina last time out formally condemned them to elimination from World Cup Qualification (WCQ) contention. With a UEFA Nations League relegation playoff looming in March 2022, their two remaining WCQ matches will serve as vital preparation to starve off any further misery.
- This tournament continues to be tough for the former Asian nation, who have now tasted victory in just one of their last 28 WCQs (D8, L19) across the last 12 years – at home to Faroe Islands in 2013. It must be particularly burdensome for manager Talgat Baysufinov, who has now endured 12 consecutive internationals without tasting victory (D5, L7).
- Kazakhstan are yet to even score a first half goal in 2021, which sets up a likely quiet opening 45 minutes when considering that opponents Finland recently netted a first half goal themselves for just the second time this year. It was not enough, however, as they endured a second straight half-time/full-time defeat (1-2 at home to Ukraine), a result that could prove pivotal to their 2022 World Cup ambitions.
- Thanks to an astounding eight draws from the first 14 overall games in Group D, Finland still have an opportunity to become the fifth Nordic nation to reach a WC finals though, despite just one win (a 1-0 home H2H win) from their five WCQs. With no 3+ goal hauls in 20 matches since the start of 2020, any boost to their goal difference here is likely to be insignificant.
- Players to watch: Bakhtiyar Zaynutdinov remains the only player to record Kazakhstan’s first goal in more than one of their last 15 internationals, while Finland’s Teemu Pukki has now scored in three of his last eight starts for club or country.
- Hot stat: Finland’s previous match was the only one of their last nine to produce more than 2.5 total goals.