Watford – Liverpool Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 16, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 8
Kick-off: 12:30 Watford – Liverpool
Tip: Away Win
Match Result: 0:5 WON!!!
Watford – Liverpool Match Preview
- Watford welcome back Premier League (PL) action as they host the early Saturday kickoff, with new manager Claudio Ranieri taking his place in the Vicarage Road dugout for the very first time. Watford couldn’t have asked for a better man to come in and take charge here, with Raneiri’s 80% home win rate vs Liverpool being the highest in PL history (minimum five games).
- That being said, the last four managers to face Liverpool in their opening game at a new club have all lost, and Watford’s league form at the start of this season (W2, D1, L4) doesn’t inspire much confidence that things will change here. In fact, the ‘Hornets’ seem to be the ones getting stung recently, having conceded in 17 consecutive PL games since breaking Liverpool’s club record 44-game unbeaten streak with a 3-0 win back in February 2020.
- The ‘Reds’, on the other hand, will be looking to claim back top spot in the PL table, albeit maybe only temporarily, having relinquished control following consecutive league draws. Jürgen Klopp’s side possess the only unbeaten start to the PL season, forming part of a 17-game unbeaten league streak extending from last campaign (W12, D5) – the longest such run in England’s top-four tiers.
- Along with their club record undefeated streak, Watford also toppled Liverpool’s record-equal 18-game winning run in the PL with their victory in the last H2H. However, that was an exception to the rule, with Liverpool winning seven of the eight PL H2Hs prior (D1).
- Players to watch: Ismaïla Sarr has accounted for four of Watford’s seven PL goals so far, and scored a brace in the previous H2H. Liverpool’s Sadio Mané has incentive to find the net – he’s currently sat on 99 PL goals and could become only the third player to score 100 PL goals with none of them being penalties.
- Hot streak: Liverpool have scored 3+ goals in each of their last six competitive away games.