Match Preview: Cagliari 3-1 Sampdoria Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Cagliari – Sampdoria Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 17, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 8
Kick-off: 11:30 Cagliari – Sampdoria
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:1 LOST
Cagliari – Sampdoria Match Preview
- Two of the poorest performing clubs this Serie A (SA) season so far return from the international break in search of some desperately needed points in Sardinia. Cagliari are yet to win a league game this season after seven attempts (D3, L4) and could be on the way to suffering the same fate as the likes of Crotone (2020/21), Chievo (2018/19) and Benevento (2017/18), who were all recently relegated after no wins from their first seven SA fixtures.
- Cagliari narrowly avoided relegation as the fourth-lowest scoring club last SA season (1.13 goals on average per game), but the arrival of Keita Baldé from Monaco as well as some excellent form from João Pedro has begun to make amends for that issue. However, with no clean sheets to their name this SA season after three from their final seven matches of 2020/21, it is now their defending that requires some attention.
- Sampdoria are likely to test that defensive unit out, having found the back of the net at least twice in four of their last five SA fixtures including at Inter and Juventus. Like their opponents, defensive issues have condemned them to an underwhelming start that has left them as an unexpected contender for relegation.
- Whilst this has been one of their worst starts to a SA season, recent history illustrates it is too early to panic. Indeed, Sampdoria have avoided relegation on the other five occasions this century when winning one or none of their first seven SA matches.
- Players to watch: Cagliari striker Pedro has scored in three of the last four SA H2Hs, including the first goal in both 2020/21 matches. Antonio Candreva has found the back of the net in three of Sampdoria’s last four games, but none have been his team’s opening goal.
- Hot stat: The pre-match favourite has won just two of Cagliari’s SA matches (D3, L2) this season – the fewest involving any single club.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Lazio - Spezia Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Arsenal - Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Shanghai Port - Chengdu Rongcheng Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE