Besiktas – Sporting Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 19, 2021
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 3
Kick-off: 17:45 Besiktas – Sporting
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:4 WON!!!
Besiktas – Sporting Match Preview
- Turkey’s Beşiktaş will be hoping their 16-year search for a home victory over Portuguese opposition ends here when they and Sporting Lisbon fight for their first group stage points of the 2021/22 UEFA Champions League (UCL). These clubs last met in the group stage of the 2015/16 Europa League (UEL), which accounted for one of Beşiktaş’ four draws at home to clubs from Portugal (W0, L4).
- The hosts have had a torrid month, wasting their joint-best five-game start to a Süper Lig season since 2003/04 by following it up with recording just one victory from their last five contests in all competitions (D1, L3). However little is expected of them in this tournament after being eliminated from the UEL group stage in their two previous European group stage campaigns (W3, D1, L8).
- UCL football has often been a difficult prospect for Sporting Lisbon and this season has been no exception so far. They last advanced from the group stage at this level in 2008/09, and have managed to maintain just one clean sheet from their last 14 group stage games (W3, D1, L10) since the start of 2016/17. However three domestic wins ‘to nil’, albeit all as very strong favourites, since their opening matchday thrashing by Ajax (L 5-1) could inspire them here.
- In addition to keeping their campaign alive, the visitors are also searching for a little piece of history with a first-ever UEFA victory in Turkey (D3, L1). In fact a 4-1 loss in Başakşehir condemned them to a Round of 32 exit from the 2019/20 UEL, forming part of an unenviable W1, D2, L4 record from their last seven UEFA away trips.
- Players to watch: Beşiktaş forward Michy Batshuayi has now scored in three of his last eight competitive starts, while Sporting midfielder Nuno Santos has found the back of the net in his last two appearances.
- Hot stat: Beşiktaş have trailed at half-time in six of their last eight UEFA fixtures.
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips: