Match Preview: HJK 0-5 Maccabi Tel Aviv Prediction and Betting Tips | Europa Conference League
HJK – Maccabi Tel Aviv Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 21, 2021
Football: Europa Conference League – Group Stage – Round 3
Kick-off: 15:30 HJK – Maccabi Tel Aviv
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:5 WON!!!
HJK – Maccabi Tel Aviv Match Preview
- A hard-fought comeback victory in the Veikkausliiga last time out helped HJK keep in touch with the peak of the table – and that all-important Champions League qualification spot. For now though, their focus is on the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL), and a victory here would see them leapfrog Maccabi Tel Aviv in a very tight Group A.
- Home advantage might give HJK a boost here, after their 4-2 win in Armenia in the last round, which was their first away victory in any UEFA group stage. Another positive HJK can take is the fact that they scored two or more goals in four of their five European home games this term (W2, D1, L2).
- Contrary to their hosts, Maccabi were on the wrong end of a 4-2 defeat in domestic action over the weekend (vs Netanya), wounding their own title hopes. As such, this game could be a welcome tonic, and should Maccabi maintain their unbeaten run in European competition so far this term (W5, D3), they will see their odds of progression shorten.
- In another potential plus for Maccabi, the Yellow Ones’ only prior engagement with a Finnish club saw HJK in opposition, and they drew the away leg 0-0 en-route to a 1-0 aggregate success. Despite the positives, however, there is no escaping the fact that Maccabi have failed to win in 18 of their 22 UEFA group games played away from home (W4, D4, L14).
- Players to watch: At least one member of the Riski family should feel confident for HJK, as Roope (nine) and Riku (four) have bagged 13 of their side’s 21 European goals this season. As for Maccabi, Dan Biton contributed to three goals (one goal, two assists) in their opening-night UECL victory.
- Hot stat: Three of the four group games involving either side so far ended with a 2+ goal margin.