Match Preview: Torino 3-2 Genoa Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Torino – Genoa Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 22, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 9
Kick-off: 17:30 Torino – Genoa
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 3:2 WON!!!
Torino – Genoa Match Preview
- Missed chances were the theme on Torino boss Ivan Jurić’s mind as his side fell to a narrow 1-0 loss at Napoli on Sunday, stretching their winless run to four games in Serie A (SA). However, to have held the league leaders so close is promising, and will have given Torino hope that they can avoid a repeat of their last two seasons where they finished within five points of the relegation zone.
- Only four goals conceded in five home competitive outings this term (W1, D2, L2 – 90 minutes) represents a big step forward for Torino too, as they conceded an average of nearly two goals at home during the 2020/21 SA campaign. They’ll now hope to grab their second SA home win of the season by building on a strong five-game home H2H SA record vs Genoa (W3, D2), which includes four clean sheets.
- It’s not been a perfect start to life under new American ownership for Genoa as Italy’s oldest club found themselves 2-0 down after just 20 minutes against Sassuolo last time out, but they did show spirit as they fought back to eventually equalise in the 90th minute thanks to a debut strike by Mexican Johan Vásquez.
- They now have six points after eight matches, and whilst that doesn’t appear impressive, it is more than Genoa had at this stage in three of the last four seasons – two of which ended in a respectable 11th or 12th place. Three wins from their last six SA away fixtures (D1, L2) shows they could add to their points tally here too.
- Players to watch: Torino’s Andrea Belotti has scored in three of his last four home H2Hs and is hunting his 100th SA strike here. Meanwhile, Mattia Destro has five goals from five SA starts this term, and netted Genoa’s maiden 2021/22 first-half goal last time out.
- Hot stat: Torino have seen 11 of 17 goals scored in their SA matches arrive beyond the 75th minute (GF 6, GA 5).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Lazio - Spezia Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Arsenal - Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Shanghai Port - Chengdu Rongcheng Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE