Atalanta – Udinese Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 24, 2021
Atalanta – Udinese Match Preview
- After a midweek European meltdown when they lost to Manchester United after going 2-0 up, Atalanta return to Serie A (SA) action seeking improvements and consistency. They celebrated their 114th birthday as a club last round when their biggest win of the season (4-1) kept them on the heels of the top five, but defensive improvements are required having now conceded in four consecutive league games.
- There are even bigger concerns at home as ‘La Dea’ are winless across five SA home games (dating back to last season) and a loss here would make it their worst five-game start (by points) to a home SA campaign since 2004/05. At least H2H history is kinder, with the hosts’ run of four consecutive SA home wins over Udinese already a club H2H home record.
- A gritty 1-1 draw courtesy of a late goal gave ten-men Udinese a second consecutive SA draw, although it extended their winless run to five league games. Winning here would still make it their best nine-game start to a SA campaign since 2014/15, but for that to happen the ‘Bianconeri’ will have to beat the odds for the first time this SA season in a game they start as rank outsiders.
- Away form is a concern, with Udinese failing to win against any top-ten club this year, and conceding 14 goals across their last five SA road trips. That’s the exact number of goals they’ve also let in at Atalanta over the last four visits so the omens don’t look good here.
- Players to watch: Atalanta’s Duván Zapata, the first Colombian to score 100 SA goals, has six league goals against Udinese, only scoring more against Sassuolo. For the visitors, Beto is in red-hot form having picked up goals in consecutive league matches.
- Hot stat: Atalanta have won 17 of the last 19 SA games in which they scored first, including the last seven.