Match Preview: Juventus 1-2 Sassuolo Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Juventus – Sassuolo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 27, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 10
Kick-off: 17:30 Juventus – Sassuolo
Tip: Home Win
Match Result: 1:2 LOST
Juventus – Sassuolo Match Preview
- Juventus needed a late Paulo Dybala penalty to rescue a 1-1 draw against Champions Inter Milan in Sunday’s Derby d’Italia and preserve their six-game Serie A (SA) unbeaten run (W4, D2). The point did inch them into the top six as they continue to grind out results, improving slowly after taking one point from their opening three league matches.
- That’s ominous for Sassuolo, against whom they haven’t lost a H2H since October 2015 (W9, D2) – and never here (W7, D1). Across those eight home SA H2Hs, ‘I Bianconeri’ scored an average of 2.88 goals per game and with no clean sheet in the last three – and just one home SA shutout this season – there’s potential for action at both ends.
- With four of their last five games (W2, D1, L2) also seeing both teams scoring, Sassuolo arrive in Turin after coming from behind to beat Venezia 3-1 at the weekend. Now firmly established as an upper mid-table side, if they’re to take the next step and challenge for European qualification, improvement is needed as they’re seven points behind their nine-game league tally of last season.
- With no league away win since the opening day of the season (D1, L2) ‘I Neroverdi’ haven’t travelled well recently and that dire H2H record at this venue will offer little encouragement, particularly as they’ve conceded twice in each of those SA away games this term. Therefore, ex-boss Massimiliano Allegri – now leading Juventus – must be looking forward to this reunion more than them.
- Players to watch: All three of Dybala’s SA strikes this term for Juventus came either inside the first ten minutes or after the 85th. Meanwhile, Domenico Berardi has scored four times across Sassuolo’s last five league fixtures, on each occasion as their first scorer.
- Hot stat: Juventus haven’t ‘won’ a second half at home in SA this term (2H: D3, L1).