Match Preview: Hoffenheim 2-0 Hertha Berlin Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
Hoffenheim – Hertha Berlin Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 29, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 10
Kick-off: 19:30 Hoffenheim – Hertha Berlin
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:0 LOST
Hoffenheim – Hertha Berlin Match Preview
- Hoffenheim are on a four-game rollercoaster ride in the Bundesliga after winning and losing alternate games, whilst witnessing at least four total goals in each. The last of those matches was a 4-0 thrashing at Bayern Munich last weekend, and although this matchup may not produce as many goals, it should promise some as it’s yet to produce a goalless draw in 22 Bundesliga H2Hs (W11, D5, L6).
- If the hosts are to have any chance of making the European spots this season they must be more consistent, and will hope for a good response to that Bayern hammering as they return home, where they’ve collected 64% of their points so far (W2, D1, L1). That’s come about despite Hoffenheim conceding a first-half opener in three of their four home league games (W1, D1, L1) – something that also happened in their last two home Bundesliga H2Hs!
- Hertha Berlin had a terrible start to the season after recording five defeats across their opening seven games. Having conceded 3.6 goals per defeat, they have recovered lately with an improved defence that’s helped them win their last two matches and they now sit one point above their opponents.
- Although Hertha have the second-worst away defence with 16 goals conceded, 11 of those actually came against two Champions League competitors. They’ll therefore be expecting better here as the visitors look to show improvement from last season, when they narrowly avoided the relegation playoff by just two points.
- Player to watch: Ilhas Bebou finally got off the mark for 2021/22 in Hoffenheim’s last home win as he netted either side of half-time. Hertha fans will have their fingers crossed that Marco Richter can find the net early – his two Bundesliga goals this term have both been first-half openers in Hertha victories!
- Hot stat: Hertha have collected only one away point in six attempts at this venue with manager Pál Dárdai in charge.