Match Preview: Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Leicester – Arsenal Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, October 30, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 10
Kick-off: 12:30 Leicester – Arsenal
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 WON!!!
Leicester – Arsenal Match Preview
- The Halloween weekend of Premier League (PL) action opens up with a clash that dates all the way back to 1895, as Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City welcome Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal for the 147th competitive H2H instalment. Seemingly in better shape after an indifferent period, the ‘Foxes’ could climb into the top five as they look to record three straight PL wins for the first time since the start of the calendar year.
- Although Leicester’s two recent PL wins – their first since August – will have boosted spirits, defensively they need to tighten up as they’ve failed to keep a clean sheet in the league since the opening round of the season. They’ll face an opponent they’ve done relatively well against recently, winning four of the last seven following a 22-game PL winless run, but Arsenal have won the last two here and can record three straight away H2H wins for the first time since 1925!
- The ‘Gunners’ have been firing on all cylinders of late with a six-game unbeaten PL run heading into this (W4, D2). However, they will hope to end a spooky run of form which has seen Arsenal fail to win the PL game preceding Halloween in the last three calendar years (D2, L1)!
- In fact, Arsenal’s most recent PL ‘nightmare’ before Halloween was a 1-0 loss just last year to none other than Leicester, though optimistic fans would point to their reasonably solid PL away form in 2021 (W8, D3, L4) to give Arsenal hope of putting those seasonal ghosts to rest.
- Players to watch: With 11 goals, Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored more times against Arsenal in PL H2Hs than he has against any other side. As for Arsenal, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has made five goal contributions across his last six PL appearances (4G, 1A) and also scored four goals across his seven prior meetings with Leicester.
- Hot stat: While Rodgers has lost seven of his personal 16 managerial H2Hs with Arsenal, he’s never recorded back-to-back defeats against them (W5, D4, L7).