Rayo Vallecano – Celta Vigo Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 1, 2021
Rayo Vallecano – Celta Vigo Match Preview
- What a start to La Liga (LL) life it’s been for this season’s surprise package, Rayo Vallecano, and a fight for survival is arguably the last thing on their mind after a shock win over Barcelona last time out. That result both prompted a managerial sacking at the Catalan giants and pushed plucky Rayo into European qualification contention.
- Only three promoted sides in LL history have picked up more than Rayo’s 19 points after 11 rounds and only one during this century. That side was Celta Vigo in 2005/06, who finished in sixth spot after their comparable start, a finish Rayo will now hope to replicate. While the hosts have picked up seven points as outsiders this term, they have excelled as pre-match favourites (W4) and will seek to carry that form into this clash.
- Currently well off the pace in comparison with their 2020/21 eighth placed finish, Celta have one eye on the relegation battle after failing to build on their victory over Getafe last time out (0-2 L vs Sociedad). Key to the Sky Blues’ sub-standard form is their inability to score; a run of three games from four without finding the net means that only two sides have now failed to score in more LL outings than Celta’s five.
- Despite the apparent gulf in class when considering the league table, Celta are unbeaten in their last six LL clashes against newly promoted opponents (W4, D2) despite keeping just two clean sheets in the process. After scoring at least twice in three of their last four away games, conceding first here also isn’t a death sentence for the visitors.
- Players to watch: Rayo’s Radamel Falcao has been a revelation so far with four goals from six LL games – each of the last three were decisive. With six goals across seven personal appearances vs Rayo, Celta’s Santi Mina enjoys playing against no opponent more.
- Hot stat: Just one of Rayo’s 12 LL home games played on a Monday ended level (W4, L7).