Match Preview: Malmo FF 0-1 Chelsea Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
Malmo FF – Chelsea Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 2, 2021
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4
Kick-off: 18:45 Malmo FF – Chelsea
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:1 LOST
Malmo FF – Chelsea Match Preview
- While Malmö’s Allsvenskan title defence chugs along nicely, their UEFA Champions League (UCL) campaign is still yet to get off the ground (L3). Highlighting their plight is the fact that the Swedish outfit are one of just three UCL sides yet to score while no side in the competition has conceded more than their 11 goals after three group games.
- Another heavy defeat is expected here if the hosts’ previous H2H record against English sides is anything to go by, including the 1979 European Cup Final defeat. They’ve won just one of ten such clashes (D1, L8), conceding two goals per-match on average. That record is not the only confidence killer for the hosts as while third spot in the group is still up for grabs, Malmö have finished bottom in their last two UCL group campaigns.
- Even without the services of their two main strikers, Romelu Lukaku and Timo Werner, defending UCL Champions Chelsea should realistically cruise through this fixture with relative ease, just as they did in the last round (4-0 vs Malmö). Since their strike duo went off injured in the reverse, Chelsea have gone on to score 13 times, showing that they can be a threat from anywhere.
- While the potent visitors were kept from scoring in their last UCL away game (1-0 vs Juventus), they’ve not been beaten in back-to-back away UCL games since 2012! They are as yet unbeaten in clashes with Swedish opponents as well (W4, D3) though they did draw two of their three such away games.
- Players to watch: Malmö’s Martin Olsson has played no side more often throughout his career than Chelsea, though he has never been on the winning side (D2, L12). Meanwhile, Chelsea’s Ballon d’or nominee Jorginho became the first PL player to score ten consecutive penalties last time out, he scored one against two Malmö keepers in the reverse.
- Hot stat: Only two sides in the UCL faced more shots than Malmö’s 60 so far after three rounds (20 on average).