Match Preview: AC Milan 1-1 FC Porto Prediction and Betting Tips | Champions League
AC Milan – FC Porto Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 3, 2021
Football: Champions League – Group Stage – Round 4
Kick-off: 18:45 AC Milan – FC Porto
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:1 WON!!!
AC Milan – FC Porto Match Preview
- Although behind only Napoli on goal difference in Serie A, AC Milan are rooted to the bottom of UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group B after opening their European campaign with three defeats for the first time. A win is now essential if the seven-time European champions are to retain any hopes of avoiding a group stage exit from their first UCL appearance since 2013/14.
- ‘I Rossoneri’ really need to translate their home league form to Europe as they haven’t lost in seven SA home matches (W6, D1) – a stark contrast to no win in four home UCL fixtures (D2, L2). Ominously though, despite a positive home record against Portuguese clubs in Europe (W6, L2), both of the defeats they suffered were against Porto!
- The visitors currently top Primeira Liga on goal difference, and have punched above their weight by matching Atlético Madrid’s record in this group (W1, D1, L1). They have every incentive to push for another victory at the San Siro as doing the double against Milan would guarantee them at least a UEFA Europa League preliminary knockout round place via a third-place finish.
- Despite beating AC Milan in their last meeting here in 1996, they’ve lost their last three European away games against Italian clubs, so another famous San Siro win seems somewhat unlikely. However, with so much at stake, the ‘Dragons’ might be prepared to go for broke, which could see them extend their record of nine competitive games without a draw (W7, L2).
- Players to watch: Zlatan Ibrahimović netted his 400th career league goal against Roma on Sunday, in what was his fifth consecutive goalscoring appearance contributing to a Milan victory. Meanwhile, Mehdi Taremi is Porto’s leading scorer in all competitions this term with nine goals, four of them arriving after the 70th minute.
- Hot stat: There’s been an average of just 1.5 goals per game across ten previous European H2Hs (Milan: W4, D3, L3).
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Lazio - Spezia Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Arsenal - Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen Prediction and Betting Tips | BUNDESLIGA
Match Preview: Shanghai Port - Chengdu Rongcheng Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE