Flora – Anorthosis Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 4, 2021
Flora – Anorthosis Match Preview
- There’s been few surprises for Estonian champions Flora in the UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) so far (D1, L2), but a 2-2 comeback draw with Anorthosis on matchday three gave them both their first-ever points and goals in a European group stage. They’ll now believe that they can secure a historic first group stage victory in this reverse fixture, a result that would keep their slim progression hopes alive.
- It’s been a historic season for Flora whatever happens here, but after losing just 1-0 to Group B leaders Gent on matchday one in Tallinn, and following that up with a five-game unbeaten domestic run at home where they scored 4.2 goals on average (W4, D1), the record 13-time Estonian champions look in good shape to secure that first-ever group stage win.
- Anorthosis would have earmarked the two games vs Flora as having six points potential, but they now look in real danger of finishing bottom of Group B if they can’t get a positive result here. That would be disastrous for a club that has a history of European participation stretching back to the 1963/64 European Cup – 27 years before Flora were even formed – and that had won their only two prior matches vs Estonian opposition before that 2-2 draw on matchday three.
- A 1-0 away win for Anorthosis over Omonia last time out – a side Flora beat 2-1 at home in regulation time back in August – at least ended the Cypriot side’s six-game winless run on the road, but they remain without a European away strike this season after three continental road trips (D1, L2).
- Players to watch: Flora’s Rauno Sappinen scored a brace last time out, scored a double in the reverse fixture and did the same against Cypriot side Omonia back in August! Meanwhile, Nika Kacharava was Anorthosis’ matchwinner last time out, and assisted in the reverse fixture.
- Hot stat: Flora have scored the opener within 20 minutes in seven of their last eight home games.