Southampton – Aston Villa Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 5, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 11
Kick-off: 21:00 Southampton – Aston Villa
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Southampton – Aston Villa Match Preview
- The weekend’s Premier League (PL) action quite appropriately kicks off on Bonfire Night, but will we see an explosive affair between Southampton and Aston Villa? Southampton will certainly hope it’ll be a night to remember as they come into this clash unbeaten in three PL games which follows what was a seven-game winless drought to begin the campaign. That solid three-game run (W2, D1) has most importantly eased them away from the drop zone.
- Their last game here at St. Mary’s was a topsy-turvy affair which ended 2-2 after both sides led in the match, though Southampton’s return of three goals from their last two home games is a marked improvement from one strike in their three outings prior. The hosts will now look to build on their already strong record as pre-match favourites this PL season (W2, D1, L1).
- In a battle of Saints against ‘Villans’, it is apt that it would be the latter trying to douse the hosts’ metaphorical bonfire as they look to ignite some explosive form of their own, following a woeful four-match losing run. Despite scoring in each of those games, four straight defeats after spending upwards of £100m on transfers over summer has put manager Dean Smith under mounting pressure.
- The bookmakers have had the measure of Villa so far this term as they went on to lose each of the four PL games in which they began as outsiders. In order to flip that record on its head, Villa would need to record a second straight win away to Southampton for the first time since 1995-1998.
- Players to watch: Southampton’s Ché Adams stepped up with a winning goal in the absence of Armando Broja last time out – six of his nine PL strikes last term came at home. Meanwhile, both of Ollie Watkins’ PL goals this season came in defeats for Villa, he also scored in the defeat against Southampton last season.
- Hot stat: Villa have failed to win each of their last 13 top-flight away games played on a Friday (D3, L10).