Armenia – North Macedonia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 11, 2021
Armenia – North Macedonia Match Preview
- Separated by a single point in Group J of this UEFA-zone World Cup Qualification (WCQ) campaign, three teams find themselves jostling for just one playoff place. Armenia (FIFA rank: #89) are currently lagging in that race, and find themselves under great pressure in a battle that promises to go down to the wire, having never previously appeared in the World Cup finals.
- Any hopes of a maiden appearance will hinge on the ‘Mountaineers’ addressing their winless five-game form in WCQ fixtures (D3, L2). Whilst they netted just two goals across those matches, home advantage could help, as the hosts are on a seven-game scoring run in WCQ home games, including an unbeaten home record this WCQ campaign (W2, D1).
- North Macedonia (#74) are still out to prove that their Euro 2020 appearance was no fluke, and a trip to Qatar next year is not beyond their reach, considering that the ‘Lions’ have the best goal difference among the playoff-chasing trio. Yet, with a highly-motivated Romania about to play the bottom two teams of this WCQ group, Macedonia can ill-afford a slip-up.
- Encouragingly for the visitors, their last WCQ loss vs a nation ranked worse than them came in October 2016 – a whole 16 games ago. As such, most expect the ‘Lions’ will stroll confidently in this trip, as they are on a three-match unbeaten run away from home in WCQ assignments (W2, D1) including an historic 2-1 win over four-time world champions Germany.
- Players to watch: Tigran Barseghyan has seen his two strikes come in Armenia’s last two wins this qualification campaign, both at home. Meanwhile, the Macedonians’ hopes may revolve around Eljif Elmas, who scored the famous away winner against Germany.
- Hot stat: Each of North Macedonia’s WCQ games have featured at least one goal (scored / conceded) beyond the 80th minute.