Match Preview: Bosnia & Herzegovina 1-3 Finland Prediction and Betting Tips | World Cup – Qualification
Bosnia & Herzegovina – Finland Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 13, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 15:00 Bosnia & Herzegovina – Finland
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:3 WON!!!
Bosnia & Herzegovina – Finland Match Preview
- Top spot may be unlikely for Bosnia & Herzegovina but a playoff place still remains a real possibility if they can overcome a Finland side who harbour similar aspirations. With Ukraine out of action in the next round of fixtures, Bosnia have the chance to leapfrog both them and Finland with victory and potentially set up a winner takes all clash with Ukraine on the final matchday.
- Bosnia come into this clash unbeaten in four WCQ games (W1, D3), including an away draw against group-toppers and current World Cup (WC) holders, France. However at home, it’s been a different story for Bosnia, who have only won one of their last 11 internationals (D4, L6) but Finland may be the perfect opposition to end that run as they’ve won both prior H2H meetings on home soil.
- Two wins from their last four WCQ games (L2) has thrust Finland firmly into contention of reaching back-to-back major tournaments for the first time in their history. Their task – on paper – is simple, win their last two group games and a playoff place beckons, but with the latter of those games being against France, there is added emphasis on claiming maximum returns here.
- Both sides’ recent games have mostly been low-scoring affairs. Indeed only one of Finland’s last ten internationals has featured more than two goals, with eight of those seeing the victor on the day win ‘to nil’ (W3, L5), while the last Finland game to witness the side scoring first go on to lose was back in November 2019. That most likely makes the first goal of utmost importance in this vital clash, in what could be a cagey affair.
- Players to watch: Bosnia’s Smail Prevljak scored twice in their last WCQ victory over Kazakhstan, but hasn’t found the net for club or country since. Meanwhile, Finland’s Urho Nissilä assisted Teemu Pukki’s national-record breaking goal against Kazakhstan in their last WCQ outing, and he has three goal involvements in his last three club appearances (1G, 2A).
- Hot stat: Only one of Finland’s last 24 internationals on foreign soil has ended in a draw (W10, L13).