Albania – Andorra Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 15, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 20:45 Albania – Andorra
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:0 WON!!!
Albania – Andorra Match Preview
- Albania’s 2022 World Cup dreams were shot down by England last time out as the ‘Three Lions’ ran out comfortable 5-0 victors. That heavy loss coupled with Poland’s win means that Albania can no longer qualify for their second-ever major tournament – after Euro 2016 – so instead here, they’ll be playing for both pride and to try and finish as ‘best-of-the-rest’ in World Cup qualification (WCQ) Group I.
- The hosts’ success prior to being blown away by England had been built from the back, as the ‘Eagles’ had kept five clean sheets in eight prior WCQ outings. The first of those came in their opening WCQ Group I fixture, a 1-0 win over Andorra, a side they’ve previously lost to just once across six match-ups (W4, D1) which should inspire confidence of a bounce back victory here.
- Despite losing 4-1 to Poland on Friday, Andorra can still be proud of their performance considering that they received a first minute red card! Keeping Robert Lewandowski & co to just four goals thereafter proved a small success, whilst it also keeps the visitors’ chances of matching their best-ever ten game WCQ goals conceded total possible, should they secure a clean sheet here (GA:23, 2018).
- With two victories against San Marino in WCQ Group I, Andorra have already matched their best-ever points tally across qualification for any major tournament whilst they’ve also scored their most-ever goals (eight), both feats highlighting the progress the small Pyrenees outfit have made on the field in recent times.
- Players to watch: Albania’s Rey Manaj has netted twice during this WCQ cycle whilst his country hold a near-perfect overall record when he’s found the net (G6 – W5, D1). Andorra’s Marc Pujol has four goal contributions in his last four WCQ appearances (G1, A3), whilst his four overall international strikes have all come in WCQs.
- Hot stat: Andorra have lost 43 (70%) of their 61 WCQ matches this century by two or more goals.