Colombia – Paraguay Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 17, 2021
Football: World Cup – Qualification
Kick-off: 00:00 Colombia – Paraguay
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:0 LOST
Colombia – Paraguay Match Preview
- Winless in their last four games (D3, L1), Colombia will be worried that they could be left with the bitter taste of ‘what if?’ by the end of this campaign if they can’t improve their CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) form. The visit of Paraguay could be the perfect antidote to get back to winning ways and push themselves into the automatic qualification spots again, as they’ve won ten of the last 15 H2Hs (D2, L3).
- The hosts can take heart from their record on home turf too, having lost just one of their six home WCQ fixtures this campaign (W2, D3). However seven draws in total – the most of any CONMEBOL side – could ultimately prove costly, as could a run of four WCQ games without scoring. The last time they failed to score in that many was during the 2008 qualifiers, which also happens to be the last time Colombia failed to make a World Cup!
- Colombia now face CONMEBOL’s other draw specialists in Paraguay, who have the second highest number of stalemates (six). Paraguay’s chances of reaching a first World Cup since 2010, which was their third in succession, now appear slim with all of their remaining fixtures coming against sides above them in the standings ahead of this round.
- No wins in five WCQ away games (D2, L3) isn’t going to fill ‘Los Guaraníes’ with confidence – nor will the fact the last four in that run saw them fail to score. On a slightly more positive note though, Paraguay have a decent record in recent times on Colombian soil winning two of the last three WCQ matches (L1), and scoring in four of their last five competitive trips here (W3, D1, L1).
- Players to watch: Luis Díaz was the last Colombian to score a WCQ goal, netting the third in September’s victory against Chile. Meanwhile, Kaku scored Paraguay’s last WCQ goal against Venezuela, which came one day before Colombia’s!
- Hot stat: These two sides have played a combined 780 minutes of football without finding the net!
Related 10bet Predictions and Tips:
Match Preview: Sassuolo - Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | SERIE A
Match Preview: Ararat-Armenia - Lernayin Artsakh Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Cong An - Khanh Hoa Prediction and Betting Tips | V.LEAGUE 1
Match Preview: Changchun Yatai - Shanghai Port Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE