Augsburg – Bayern Munich Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 19, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 12
Kick-off: 20:30 Augsburg – Bayern Munich
Tip: Under 4.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Augsburg – Bayern Munich Match Preview
- Augsburg sit in the Bundesliga relegation playoff place after a return of just two wins from 11 games (W2, D3, L6) and a long hard season ahead looks likely. It doesn’t get any easier here as German giants Bayern Munich come to town, a side Augsburg are winless against in 12 straight Bundesliga H2Hs (D2, L10), albeit they did breach the Bayern defence in eight of those meetings.
- There’s some hope though, as Augsburg are unbeaten in three home league games (W2, D1) this season and have claimed 78% of their total points here. But the reality remains that Augsburg face Bayern as the division’s third lowest scorers, so a first H2H win since 2015 looks as unlikely as ever.
- Bayern (W9, D1, L1) are hunting their tenth consecutive domestic title and have started the season in frightening fashion, scoring a Bundesliga record of 40 goals after 11 matchdays. They’ve now netted 100 league goals this calendar year, and considering just one of their 18 competitive games this season saw them fail to score (W15, D1, L2), they appear primed to break the calendar year record of goals scored which stands at 101, set by Cologne back in 1977.
- They’re not unbeatable though, as a recent 0-5 defeat at Borussia Mönchengladbach in the DFB-Pokal showed. However, a 5-2 win at Union Berlin in their following road trip shows that result didn’t phase them much, and Bayern have subsequently scored 3+ goals in four of their five away league games (W4, D1), but did fail to keep a clean sheet in all.
- Players to watch: Jeffrey Gouweleeuw scored the decisive goal for Augsburg in their last league win, but also collected one of his four yellow cards. Meanwhile, Thomas Müller has delivered a league-high eight assists, with three coming in Bayern’s last away league win.
- Hot stat: Augsburg have conceded six openers in the first 15 minutes this Bundesliga season, whilst Bayern have opened the scoring five times during this period.