Sassuolo – Cagliari Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 21, 2021
Sassuolo – Cagliari Match Preview
- After four consecutive H2H draws, even with both teams scoring on every occasion, Sassuolo and Cagliari won’t find any inspiration from their last two seasons of clashes as both clubs desperately seek to end some damaging losing streaks. In terms of the hosts, they slipped down to the wrong end of Serie A’s (SA) mid-table logjam after back-to-back defeats, both of which they led at one stage.
- But with all seven of Sassuolo’s home points earned against clubs below them in the table at the commencement of this round, this appears a great opportunity to avoid their worst 13-game start to a SA season in four campaigns.
- Landing the first punch against Cagliari could be a curse though, given their last three SA home games have been lost by the team to open the scoring! It’s a feeling the visitors know all too well, having scored first against Roma last month only to suffer the second of their four consecutive league defeats that saw them plummet to the bottom of the table.
- Whilst this is currently their worst season in more than a decade in terms of points, Cagliari were able to survive the last time they sat in the relegation zone at the end of 13 rounds (2007/08) and can look to this for belief in a turnaround.
- Players to watch: Domenico Berardi was back amongst the goals last round and has now opened the scoring for Sassuolo in five of their last eight SA fixtures. For the opposition, Cagliari’s João Pedro is one of five players across the division to have scored their team’s first goal at least five times in the first 12 rounds of this SA.