Match Preview: Verona 2-1 Empoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Verona – Empoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 22, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 13
Kick-off: 18:30 Verona – Empoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Verona – Empoli Match Preview
- Hellas Verona’s unpredictable Serie A (SA) campaign took another dramatic twist before the international break, as they took points from a fourth consecutive league match as underdogs (W2, D2). Lurking just three points outside of the UEFA spots at the start of the round, their aspirations of a first European campaign in 35 years remain strong.
- Surprises are nothing new for Verona, as their season-opening loss at home to Sassuolo birthed what is now a split success rate for all pre-match favourites across their campaign (W4, D4, L4). Yet, with Verona recording four consecutive SA home victories before play, netting 13 goals and boasting three half-time leads across them, they’ll be hard to stop.
- Empoli defeated Verona twice by a 1-0 margin on the way to Verona’s relegation in 2015/16, but this time around they join their hosts in the middle of the table, despite suffering five losses by a 2+ goal margin throughout their SA season. Interestingly though, all but one of those heavy defeats were recorded at home, indirectly showing their potential to travel well.
- Further to that, a victory at Sassuolo in late October confirmed Empoli’s status as one of just four SA clubs (as of the international break) to have averaged more points per game on the road than at home. Even if they get off to a false start, Empoli could be capable of fighting back, with their last four SA goals at any venue being recorded in the second half.
- Players to watch: Giovanni Simeone has opened the scoring within 30 minutes in a staggering five of Verona’s last seven SA fixtures, whilst Andrea Pinamonti has been Empoli’s first scorer in their last two SA away trips.
- Hot stat: All but two of Verona’s last 17 SA matches have seen both teams score.