Udinese – Genoa Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 28, 2021
Udinese – Genoa Preview
- The return of fans to Serie A (SA) stadia has been an asset for the most part, but Udinese haven’t been able to exploit home advantage so far. They have an even record across their last six home league games (W2, D2, L2), and no clean sheet in the last five, giving their critics ample reason to doubt that they can finish in the top half for the first time since 2012/13.
- Udinese will also be worried about their scoring form of late, as their most recent ten-game tally of ten SA strikes is better than only Salernitana’s. That said, a scoring blank may not be punished, with four clean sheets in their last five SA home H2Hs (W4, D1).
- Two goals beyond the 80th minute dampened Andriy Shevchenko’s debut in the Genoa dugout last time around. Ironically though, the ‘Rossoblù’ themselves have scored 41% of their SA goals beyond the 80th minute, helping win back eight league points after falling behind at any point – a tally that is bettered by only Inter Milan and Lazio.
- Genoa have been poor on their travels recently however, going winless across five SA away games (D3, L2), and won’t mind a point here. Interestingly, such a result would make it three SA away draws on the bounce for the first time in nearly two years. Late goals may again prove helpful, as two of Genoa’s last three SA away strikes have arrived beyond the 85th minute.
- Players to watch: Beto has scored Udinese’s last goal with his previous three league strikes, while Genoa’s attack is likely to be driven by Nicolò Rovella. He is the youngest player to create at least ten chances from set plays across Europe’s five biggest domestic leagues this season (14).
- Hot stat: Udinese and Genoa have failed to score before HT in a combined 20 of 26 SA games.