Match Preview: Derby 1-2 QPR Prediction and Betting Tips | Championship
Derby – QPR Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 29, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Championship – Round 20
Kick-off: 20:45 Derby – QPR
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 1:2 WON!!!
Derby – QPR Preview
- Facing the top two Championship teams back-to-back and winning four points is no mean feat, but the mood around Derby County will still be far from celebratory. A record of four wins and ten draws this season (L5) would have placed them well clear of the relegation zone, but a 21-point deduction makes them near-certainties to slide down to the third-tier of football for the first time since 1986. Admirably though, only the top-three clubs have conceded fewer goals than the frugal ‘Rams’ after 19 matchdays as they continue to chase a miracle escape.
- Derby remain a tough side to beat at home with just one Championship loss (W3, D5, L1), but failing to win after scoring first in the three score draws has been costly. Boss Wayne Rooney will be also concerned about their defending over the last three home games, each of which saw them concede twice.
- A late goal earned Queens Park Rangers a vital midweek win over fellow-promotion hopefuls Huddersfield, in turn extending their unbeaten Championship run (W3, D2). The R’s remain the only side to score in every game this Championship campaign and will try to extend their run of scoring in 30 consecutive league matches here.
- Their road trips are becoming enjoyable too, with four points across QPR’s last two away league matches after four consecutive away league losses. Having conceded just once over their last two away league games compared to 15 across the previous six, the visitors travel in good spirits and are chasing consecutive away league wins at Pride Park (after a 1-0 win here last season) for the first time since October 2009.
- Players to watch: Tom Lawrence has scored each of his four Championship goals at home, and has scored the match opener twice, and the decider once. Meanwhile, Chris Willock could be crucial for QPR, having scored two and assisted one of their last four Championship goals.
- Hot stat: Derby have conceded first in a joint-league low one of their nine home Championship matches.