Match Preview: Atalanta 4-0 Venezia Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Atalanta – Venezia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, November 30, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 15
Kick-off: 18:30 Atalanta – Venezia
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Atalanta – Venezia Preview
- Atalanta will be in high spirits, after registering their first away win against Juventus since 1989 in the last Serie A (SA) round (1-0). Now back in the Scudetto race, they need just a point here to complete their best ever 15-game start to a top-flight campaign, but all three would certainly be welcomed ahead of another difficult trip to Napoli at the weekend.
- ‘La Dea’ are widely expected to record a resounding victory by a comfortable margin, having beaten a newly-promoted team in six consecutive SA matches, covering a -1.5 handicap on five occasions. However, their defence remains a possible weakness, as they have conceded in six SA home matches in a row, shipping 2+ goals four times.
- Venezia know they will need the defensive display of their lives, but are at least on a mini-run of two away clean sheets (W1, D1). Encouragingly for them, Paolo Zanetti’s men have already beaten two top-six sides (Fiorentina & Roma), and despite their recent loss to champions Inter Milan, their dream of avoiding relegation remains firmly on the horizon.
- Those wins against top-seven opposition might give the ‘Lagoonal Ones’ some hope of staying afloat, but they have scored over 1.5 league goals just twice this term at any venue. However, their efforts on the road alone have only been enough for a return of eight points (W2, D2, L4), after scoring a mere 0.63 goals on average in those matches.
- Players to watch: Atalanta’s top scorer Duván Zapata (nine SA goals) is on a great run of seven consecutive goalscoring club appearances, with each of his last four strikes arriving before the break. A prominent figure for the opposition is David Okereke, who’s last two strikes have come beyond the hour mark.
- Hot stat: Atalanta have scored nine of their 13 home SA goals in the final 15 minutes of both halves (including added time).