Inter – Spezia Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 1, 2021
Inter – Spezia Preview
- Inter Milan extended their unbeaten run across all competitions to nine matches with a routine 2-0 Serie A (SA) win over struggling Venezia last round. That kept the 2020/21 Scudetto winners in third place ahead of this matchday as they begin to put pressure on league leaders Napoli and fierce rivals AC Milan, who sit four and one point ahead of the hosts respectively. That weekend win also extended their scoring streak to 33 straight top-flight games!
- Unbeaten at home so far this SA season (W4, D2), assisted by scoring first in five of their games, another victory is expected here. Their return of 18 home league goals is the joint-best on home soil despite playing one match less, whilst their short H2H history versus Spezia (W1, D1) points to more success here for ‘I Nerazzurri’.
- A late 1-0 home loss to Bologna over the weekend saw Spezia end the round just one point above the SA relegation zone (W3, D2, L9). Losing the second-most SA matches of any side after 14 league outings, the away side have also conceded 32 times, the most in the Italian top-flight and joint-second most across Europe’s top five leagues!
- Spezia’s away form this campaign also points towards more potential misery here after winning just one of their seven SA road trips (D1, L5), with all five defeats seeing them down at half-time. They’re also currently conceding an average of 3.29 goals per away league outing – SA’s worst figure – which could set them up for a heavy loss here.
- Key battle: Inter’s Lautaro Martínez has seven league goals this campaign, with his side remaining unbeaten when he got on the scoresheet (W5, D2). Spezia goalkeeper Ivan Provedel will be tasked with stopping him, although the shot stopper only has five clean sheets across 52 previous SA appearances!
- Hot stat: Neither side has witnessed a 0-0 scoreline across their combined 28 SA matches this campaign.