Match Preview: Torino 2-2 Empoli Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Torino – Empoli Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 2, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 15
Kick-off: 18:30 Torino – Empoli
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:2 LOST
Torino – Empoli Preview
- This Serie A (SA) season seems to be getting away from Torino, who have been plagued by inconsistency. The Turin-based outfit have interchanged wins with losses across the last six league rounds, but still sit nine points above where they were at this stage of last term which is cause for some cautious optimism.
- The Torino faithful will hope their win/lose streak continues here after falling 1-0 to Roma last time out, and superstitious fans can take some confidence from the fact that ‘Il Toro’ are unbeaten in four of their last five SA games played on a Thursday (W3, D1). While that could be down to coincidence rather than anything else, more solid encouragement comes from the fact Torino have picked up 76% of their points at home so far.
- It’s been a great season by Empoli’s standards, as they’ve never recorded more SA victories at this stage of a season (W6, D1, L7), whilst the last time they won six times after 14 rounds they finished in 13th (2002/03). That’s a finish newly-promoted Empoli would love to replicate considering survival is their ultimate goal for this campaign.
- The majority of those wins came on Empoli’s travels, where they actually have a stronger points return than the likes of Juventus, Roma and Lazio! That’s come about despite Empoli playing fewer away games than all but a handful of SA teams ahead of this midweek round, so if there’s a lesson to be learned, it’s not to underestimate this visiting side. Indeed this is a team that’s also picked up a joint league-high 15 points as pre-match outsiders (W5, L6).
- Players to watch: Torino would be five points worse off without the three crucial goals scored by Josip Brekalo. Meanwhile, just one of Andrea Pinamonti’s (EMP) last ten career goals was a match opener.
- Hot stat: Empoli’s seven wins against Torino is their joint-best (with Cagliari) winning record against any SA opponent (W7, D8, L3).
Match Preview: Pyramids - Enppi Prediction and Betting Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Match Preview: Shandong Taishan 2-0 Henan Songshan Longmen Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGU...
Match Preview: Sonderjyske 1-2 Fredericia Prediction and Betting Tips | CLUB FRIENDLY
Match Preview: Wuhan Three Towns 5-0 Hebei Prediction and Betting Tips | SUPER LEAGUE