Bologna – Fiorentina Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 5, 2021
Bologna – Fiorentina Preview
- More than 20 years after their last European foray, hopes of regaining lost glory are in demand at Bologna as four wins across the last five Serie A (SA) games (L1) has put Siniša Mihajlović’s side within touching distance of the top five. Another victory here would boost those hopes even further, although all three points has eluded the ‘Rossoblù’ in each of their last 14 SA H2Hs (D6, L8) versus Fiorentina!
- There’s surely no better place than home to break that hoodoo though as Bologna have won two-thirds of their seasonal league points at Stadio Renato Dall’Ara (16 of 24). The hosts’ form across their last five SA home outings (W3, L2) is slightly concerning even though here, Bologna are targeting back-to-back home wins since their first two such matches of the league season.
- Visiting Fiorentina continue to stumble in recent weeks, alternating between wins and losses across their last eight SA matches – including a 3-1 victory last time out against Sampdoria – which keeps them within a point of the top five ahead of this matchday. Expect more action here as well, as 11 of Fiorentina’s 15 SA matches have produced at least three goals.
- Their travelling fans will be hoping that ‘I Viola’ can stop the rot here as they teeter on the brink of losing five straight away SA games for the first time since March – May 2008. It’s no consolation then that their previous four away league losses have come via a single-goal margin, especially as the last three away SA goals they’ve conceded have all come beyond the 80th minute.
- Players to watch: Marko Arnautović could prove the home team’s hero, having scored Bologna’s last goal of the match with his previous three SA strikes (W3). Away from the heroics of Dušan Vlahović (G12, A2), Riccardo Saponara has chipped in with contributions in three Fiorentina wins (G2, A2).
- Hot stat: Bologna are yet to lose a SA match this season after taking the lead at any point (W7, D2).