Match Preview: FC Koln 0-2 Augsburg Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
FC Koln – Augsburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 10, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 15
Kick-off: 20:30 FC Koln – Augsburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 0:2 LOST
FC Koln – Augsburg Piraeus Preview
- Amid a run of four games without defeat (W1, D3), Cologne are currently enjoying their best start to a Bundesliga season since 2016/17. Only one side has lost fewer games than Cologne this league campaign, and if they had just managed to turn a few more of their joint-league high seven draws into wins, they’d be challenging for a Champions League place.
- Failure to keep a clean sheet this season has been a major factor in holding them back, but the ‘Billy Goats’ stubborn nature has seen them earn seven of their 15 home league points after conceding the opener. Subsequently they’re the only Bundesliga side yet to be beaten at home (W4, D3), and Cologne will want to use that as a platform to snap a six-game winless home run against Augsburg.
- That six-game unbeaten run is actually Augsburg’s longest stretch without defeat against any Bundesliga club, but that’s where the positives end as they currently reside in the relegation playoff place. Slow starts have been a driving force behind Augsburg’s woeful campaign, highlighted by being the only Bundesliga side not to score in the opening 15 minutes (GA: 8).
- Yet to win away this season (D3, L4), Augsburg are actually winless in 13 Bundesliga away games overall, a run which now marks their worst-ever sequence without an away league victory in club history. Still to open the scoring on their travels and with just three goals to their name, Augsburg quickly need to discover the formula for road wins or face the prospect of their first ever top-flight relegation.
- Players to watch: All three of Sebastian Andersson’s goal involvements this season have come in Cologne home games (G2, A1), while Michael Gregoritsch’s two recent goals – his only two for Augsburg this season – means that each of his last eight club strikes have come after half-time.
- Hot stat: Augsburg have lost just one of the last 13 H2Hs (W6, D6), with eight seeing under 2.5 goals.
Match Preview: Ivory Coast - Egypt Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Senegal 2-0 Cape Verde Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Guinea 0-1 Gambia Prediction and Betting Tips | Africa Cup of Nations
Match Preview: Cagliari 1-1 Fiorentina Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A