Match Preview: Torino 2-1 Bologna Prediction and Betting Tips | Serie A
Torino – Bologna Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 11, 2021
Football: ITALY: Serie A – Round 17
Kick-off: 12:30 Torino – Bologna
Tip: Over 1.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:1 WON!!!
Torino – Bologna Piraeus Preview
- Torino started the season with the task of ending a run of back-to-back below-15th place Serie A (SA) finishes, and after 16 games they remain just about on target to break that streak (W5, D4, L7). However, although the top five is closer than the relegation zone, the inconsistency of ‘I Granata’ since the start of October (W3, D2, L5) has begun to halt their progress. Their inability to score has proved their biggest problem, as only the bottom-five clubs have netted fewer league goals than Torino’s 20.
- To their credit, Torino haven’t let their overall troubles mar their home form. That’s because the hosts are unbeaten in their last four SA home games (W3, D1), scoring 2+ goals in each outing and aggregating 50% of their overall league strikes during this phase.
- Bologna boss Siniša Mihajlović returns to his old employers in high spirits despite losing 3-2 to Fiorentina last time around. His new side have picked up 50% of their season points across their previous six games (W4, L2), pushing them to within touching distance of the top five in the process. Each of those wins saw the ‘Rossoblù’ score first, a feat the visitors would love to achieve again here given they haven’t lost in SA games when doing so (W6, D2).
- This SA fixture isn’t one of Bologna’s favourites though, having lost four of their last six away H2Hs (W1, D1, L4). Recent form, however, suggests that record could be improved upon here as Bologna look to win three consecutive away SA games for the first time since 2016.
- Players to watch: Torino’s Antonio Sanabria could make his 50th career SA start here – his last six league goals have all come at home and in matches in which he started. Meanwhile, Mattias Svanberg has three SA goals this campaign, each time scoring the match opener and helping Bologna to win.
- Hot stat: Torino remain the only SA side yet to win a point after falling behind at any point this campaign (L7).