Match Preview: B. Monchengladbach 2-3 Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction and Betting Tips | Bundesliga
B. Monchengladbach – Eintracht Frankfurt Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 15, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 16
Kick-off: 18:30 B. Monchengladbach – Eintracht Frankfurt
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: 2:3 LOST
B. Monchengladbach – Eintracht Frankfurt Piraeus Preview
- Struggling Borussia Mönchengladbach are enduring a tormenting end to the calendar year, as they suffered yet another heavy defeat at the weekend, going down 4-1 to RB Leipzig, which followed on from an embarrassing 6-0 defeat at home to Freiburg that saw Gladbach concede all six goals before half-time! They’ve now conceded a total of 14 across their previous three games, hinting at severe flaws in the backline and the overall setup.
- Gladbach have also conceded the second-most Bundesliga goals past the 75th minute (nine). It’s been a sharp fall from grace for a team that started the campaign seven games undefeated at home, but now sits just two points above the relegation zone, however the visit of Eintracht Frankfurt might be the ideal tonic as Gladbach have avoided defeat in the last six H2Hs (W4, D2).
- In contrast, in-form Frankfurt are making their way towards the European spots after winning four of their last five Bundesliga outings, and boast the joint second-most Bundesliga goals (eight) past the 75th minute. Their most recent triumph was a 5-2 victory against Leverkusen on Sunday, which saw them win a top-flight contest from a 2-0 deficit for the first time since October 2008!
- The ‘Eagles’ have spread their wings on their travels lately, scoring twice in five of their last seven away matches, while only losing twice in their last ten on the road (W5, D3). Their previous victory at Borussia-Park was a 1-0 win in September 2017, and a similar defensive effort would be welcome here, considering they’ve conceded 11 goals across their three visits since (L3).
- Players to watch: Gladbach’s Jonas Hofmann has a goal and two assists to his name in his last two appearances against Frankfurt, whose own Rafael Borré has seen four of his last five club goals arrive in the first half of play.
- Hot stat: Just one of the last 11 Bundesliga H2Hs saw both teams score before half-time.