Match Preview: Leicester – Tottenham Prediction and Betting Tips | Premier League
Leicester – Tottenham Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 16, 2021
Football: ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 17
Kick-off: 20:30 Leicester – Tottenham
Tip: Under 3.5 Goals
Match Result: Postponed
Leicester – Tottenham Piraeus Preview
- After their exit from the UEFA Europa League, Leicester City returned to Premier League (PL) action with a 4-0 demolition of Newcastle United at the weekend. Now, the visit of a Tottenham Hotspur side who’ve been recently ravaged by COVID-19 provides the ‘Foxes’ with a golden chance to serve up a Christmas cracker for their fans and notch three successive home PL wins for the first time in a little over two years.
- Whether points are on the menu for Leicester remains to be seen, especially amid their own Covid outbreak, but they have every chance with Brendan Rodgers at the helm. The Leicester chief has won seven of his last nine personal H2H meetings with Spurs (L2) and you wouldn’t bet against him adding to that tally, with Leicester unbeaten in seven of their last eight midweek fixtures (Tuesday-Thursday).
- In stark contrast, Spurs’ midweek fortunes are somewhat indifferent, losing five of their last eight such games (W2, D1). It remains to be seen just what side Antonio Conte will field in an attempt to arrest that run, with players both returning, and missing, due to COVID-19, but the chance to win back-to-back away PL games against Leicester for the first time since 2014 could well be the incentive they need to mark their return.
- It’s not all doom and gloom for Spurs though, as they are on a three match winning PL run, although their prior three match winning PL streak this season ended with a 3-0 away defeat (vs Crystal Palace). They blanked on that occasion and goals have been hard to come by on the road for Spurs, with just five scored in the PL so far this season – three of which came in one game (2-3 v Newcastle).
- Players to watch: Leicester’s Jamie Vardy loves playing against Spurs, with seven goals in his last seven PL H2H meetings with the North-Londoners. Likewise, Harry Kane will be licking his lips at the prospect of facing Leicester as he’s scored more PL goals against them than any other side (15).
- Hot stat: The last nine PL H2H meetings have averaged 4.33 goals per game and there’s never been a 0-0 top-flight scoreline in 88 meetings since 1925!