Bayern Munich – Wolfsburg Prediction Prediction and Tips for today, December 17, 2021
Football: GERMANY: Bundesliga – Round 17
Kick-off: 20:30 Bayern Munich – Wolfsburg
Tip: Over 2.5 Goals
Match Result: 4:0 WON!!!
Bayern Munich – Wolfsburg Preview
- A 5-0 hammering of Stuttgart in the last round shows Bayern Munich are back to their best as the defending Bundesliga champions scored in an incredible 63rd consecutive league match. They’re now closing in on the division record of 65 (set by Bayern), and having also scored in 30 straight H2Hs vs Wolfsburg, it looks like there will be few opportunities for the visitors to play Scrooge and ruin Christmas in Bavaria.
- Even more so as Bayern are the Bundesliga’s second best home team (W7, L1) after scoring an average of 3.13 goals per game here, and subsequently they boast the best home scoring average across Europe’s top-five leagues. However, they’ll be home alone with no spectators at the Allianz Arena for this clash due to Covid restrictions, although that didn’t stop Bayern from scoring before half-time and winning all three previous H2Hs – all of which were played in an empty stadium.
- Four straight Bundesliga defeats and a Champions League campaign to forget will have many wondering if fans of Wolfsburg even know it’s Christmastime at all, particularly as an average of just 0.67 points per game across the last 12 rounds means the relegation zone is as much in their sights as the European spots.
- They have at least strung together some decent Bundesliga away results (W3, D1, L3), although three of those four unbeaten away games came against opponents below them in the table. Considering that, and the visitors’ depressing H2H away league record (D2, L22), it’s clear Wolfsburg will need a Christmas miracle if they’re to claim a positive result here.
- Players to watch: Incredibly, Serge Gnabry was involved in all five of Bayern’s goals vs Stuttgart (G3, A2) and has scored the opener in his last two goalscoring league games. After scoring in midweek, Wout Weghorst has now been involved in 41% of Wolfsburg’s league goals this season (G6, A1).
- Hot stat: Wolfsburg have conceded 2+ goals in 12 competitive matches this season (D1, L11), including their last seven.